Skycycle Experience

By Sarah Aterrado - June 17, 2014

I wanted to go biking... with a twist: one that's placed on a cable that's suspended on air over 60 ft. Just that. Nothing exciting. 


NOT! 

It's something new and I was craving for something to pump up the adrenaline. It's been a long time since I felt the rush. I badly wanted to try it. So what Sarah wants, Sarah gets. Haha. Kidding.
Skycycle Davao


Last June 13, Jan and I tried this one hell of a bicycle ride. We went to Eden Nature Park and tried the newest crazy adventure in Davao they call the Skycycle. From the name itself, yes, you cycle at the sky.
Skycycle Davao
All geared up and ready to go!
To make the story short, we paid, signed the waiver, put on our safety helmets, wore our harnesses and faced our first nemesis: the stairs. Well, getting to the top of the tower is a good cardio exercise anyway. The crew were so nice and friendly as they gave us instructions what to and what not to do and even did us a favor by taking our pictures before and during our ride. 

It wasn't scary at first. I had no problem with heights, which is good. But the moment they opened the gates and we released the brakes, my heart started to thump and it's getting faster as I pedaled.  Midway, I looked down and saw how high I could fall if ever something happens. Yeah, I know it's crazy to think of things like that but I thought of it anyway. I swallowed hard and gave a little choke. I focused my eyes on the finish line but the other end seemed way too far and the pedaling doesn't seem to end. The bike started to feel like it's going to fall it gave me fifty mini heart attacks. 

Well, that was the thrill. As for Jan, I really don't know what's happening with him as I was too focused to get this thing done. I was having a soliloquy all throughout the one way 200-meter ride, what have I gotten myself into? I would've slapped myself given that I could take my hands off the handlebars but they were tightly glued there.
Skycycle Davao

It was such a relief when we got to the other side. Then the crew turned the bikes around and we need to pedal our way across again. My heart is still thumping but this time, minus the fear. The fear and anxiety have been conquered. And I enjoyed pedaling like I was riding a bike on land. 

Moments later, Jan was slowing down and he told me he heard something snapped. But I couldn't look back. The only muscle that has the ability to move at that moment are my legs. I was just reassuring, we're almost there, we're gonna make it. 

Well, he's alive, we're both alive anyway. Haha. Overall, it was thrilling, it was fun, and it's definitely, definitely not for the faint-heart.
See? I'm still smiling! Haha

On with the Skyrider next and it was a piece of cake! Perhaps the thrill you feel with the Skycycle is too overwhelming that it made the Skyrider easy-peasy. In fact, there's no thrill at all. But having to feel the cool breeze brush against your face as you slide down over a beautiful overlooking view of Davao, it is something worth trying for.
Ziprider Eden Davao
Jan on a Skyrider
Jan and I on a perfect adventurous getaway. :)
If you want to have a cool, away from the city's hustle and bustle and adventurous getaway, Skycycle is spot on. :)

How to get there:

From Toril, we rode a motorcycle (habal-habal) and paid 75 Php per head going up. Most habal-habals are parked near Mercury Drug. Try not to be ripped off, some drivers would overcharge you especially if they sense that you are a first-timer. Going down, just outside Eden Nature Park you will see groups of habal-habal and we paid 50 Php per head.

Rates:

SkyCycle - Php 200
SkyRider - Php 150
Combo (Skycycle + Skyrider) = 300

Or you may contact Eden's Sales and Reservations Office:

Eden Nature Park & Resort
Sales and Reservations Office
Matina Town Square
McArthur Highway, Matina
Davao City, Philippines
Tel. Nos: +63 82 299-1020, +63 82 296-0791
Fax: +63 82 299-0313
Mobile No.: +639189307590
E-Mail: info@edennaturepark.com.ph


The SRO is open from 8:00 AM until 7:00 PM. If you wish to contact us beyond 7:00 PM, dial +63 82 301-0301 or +63 82 301-0501.








  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments